Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Your updated PageRank (PR) can be seen through the Google Toolbar. You can download it from - http://toolbar.google.com.
And can also be checked through sites like -
I hope you would all get good PageRank for your sites, forums and blogs.
Best of luck.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Google has jump-started the holidays celebration for this year 2008 with the following doodles on the Google.com homepage -
You can also see all doodles here - http://www.google.com/doodle15.html
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Google Christmas Celebration
Just make a search for the word "Christmas" and you will get the candy canes as the separate bar for the Sponsored Links. You will also get the Christmas trees on the same space with the search for Christmas trees.
Well, it's not the first time, when Google surprise us with these festive dividers, we can't forget the rainbow divider on gay pride day 2008 in Google search results.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Now, there is no need to mention the file type (XML, Text, RSS) of the Sitemap, Google will automatically determine the type of data.
Here are the various kinds of Sitemap files that Google supports at the moment mentioned in the Google official blog:
- XML Sitemap files for web pages
- RSS 2.0 and Atom 1.0 feeds
- Text files with web page URLs
- XML Sitemap files for Video Search
- Media-RSS feeds
- XML Sitemap files for Google Code Search
- XML Sitemap files for mobile web pages
- XML Sitemap files for geo-data
- XML Sitemap files for News
- Through Google Webmaster Tools
- Listing Sitemap files in the robots.txt file
- Using an HTTP "ping"
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Danny Sullivan notes at Search Engine Land that some users are spotting Google AdWords ads within Search Suggest. I also tried to check something like that, but not getting any ads in the search suggestions but one thing for sure, its probably going to be the most expensive place to get ads there.
Will it be effective to get ads there? I don't think if any advertiser would like to get ads there in the google suggestion; most of the clicks would be unnecessary / accidental clicks.
Google always excited us through making more updates and new features on their sites, product and services. On the Google App Engine blog, the company said that it has launched the App Engine system status site and a quota dashboard to detail items like bandwidth usage and CPU.
The new System Status Site provides a detailed view into the performance of various App Engine components using some of the same raw monitoring data that our engineering team uses internally. This includes:
* up-to-the-minute overview of our system status with real-time, unedited data
* daily overall serving status for each of our APIs, including any outages or downtime
* detailed historical latency and error-rate graphs for the App Engine Datastore, Images, Mail, Memcache, Serving, URL Fetch, and Users components
Quota Details Dashboard
This makes it easier to track how much of the free quota your app is using up across bandwidth, CPU, etc. Use it to get detailed information about all of the resource quotas that affect your application.
Google said it also plans a billing dashboard to preview what happens if you go beyond those quotas.
For more information and details, go to http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2008/12/system-status-dashboard-quota-details.html
Friday, December 12, 2008
<--- Here is the snapshot
It was not that hard struggle but yeah! it takes time to come up with this too. One day, I was searching for related terms for the keyword "SEO Service", and got more keyword suggestions on Google homepage in which SEO Service Provider was also there. It's relevant with my blog. So, I decided to pick this keywords as a target keyword for my blog for getting search listing in Google.com. Even, it's still there in the Google suggestion if you type 'SEO service' in Google homepage search bar.
And look what, just have checked that also got listing within the first 5 search results with the keyword "SEO provider" in Google having the competition of 12,200,000 search results.
Now, My target keywords for 2009 is SEO Service / SEO Services.
Wish me luck. :)
Note: Results can be vary due to different Google DCs.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
If you analyze, Google India site has 2 broken links. I am amazed and shocked to see this bundle mistake as G has very big reputation on the world wide web (www) and has broken links on the About Google Page which is one of the most important page for any site. How irresponsible Google is?
I just have discovered Google blog post for helping website owners to fix broken links and provides Webmaster Tools offers site owners a way to help about broken links. Now, what about themselves?
Following are that 2 broken links which can found on the Google India About Us Page -
“Different people find different things to do on the Web, so these lists are a good representation of the unique ways in which users mine the Internet,” said Vinay Goel, Head of Products, Google India.
Following Orkut in the ‘Most Popular Searches’ category; ‘Gmail’ and ‘Yahoo’ have taken the second and third position whereas ‘Indian railways’ got the 7th position whose official site was also the most popular government portal in the year.
"Given the popularity of mobiles, we also looked at what was searched for while on the move," Vinay Goel said. The country can’t seem to get enough of social networking, it seems, as Orkut was the most searched term in this category too.
In addition, the report also looked at the top 10 fastest rising keywords in India, by comparing 2008’s searches with their popularity in the previous year. Video-sharing site ‘Youtube’ won this title, followed by Orkut and Katrina Kaif.
In the list of most popular Bollywood celebrities, Katrina Kaif was followed by Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan. And Jodhaa Akbar edged out Dasavatharam and Singh Is King as the most searched movie.
In other categories, tennis star Sania Mirza outplayed cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and footballer Cristiano Ronaldo; while Mahatma Gandhi was the most searched politician, ahead of Raj Thackrey and US Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
Indian peoples also seems to be healthy and fit, that's how ‘how to lose weight’ was the most searched term in the question based keywords (‘how-to’) category. "Goa" is the most popular search in the list of holiday destinations, and ‘Independence Day’ as the most popular day of the year.
For more information, check http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/zeitgeist2008/
Thursday, December 4, 2008
That's how Google want to help everybody and has recently announced the publication of the Top AdWords Tactics for Tough Times document to make things easier.
The important points which has been placed -
* Focus your ads on low prices and savings.
* Use value-related keywords.
* Make sure your ad groups are targeted and relevant.
* Don't waste money on irrelevant clicks.
* Make it easy for customers to buy.
* Focus your money on your high-performers.
Get the full details here - http://www.google.com/adwords/tactics2008/
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Top 10 NEWS topic, Celebrity Brat Pack, Top 10 Olympians , Top 10 Politicians, Top 10 Influential Women, Top 10 keywords related with Economics and Top 10 Farewells in the Year in Review 2008 Yahoo! buzz page.
Y! Top 10 Searches for 2008 -
1. Britney Spears
3. Barack Obama
4. Miley Cyrus
6. Jessica Alba
8. Lindsay Lohan
9. Angelina Jolie
10. American Idol
To get more information, go to http://buzz.yahoo.com/yearinreview2008/
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Google says -
"If you have a website but don't have a blog, consider creating one: A blog is a great way to connect with people who share your interests, or to publicize your site or product. Blogs are easy to create and update, and rich, useful, and original blog content will encourage readers to come back to your site".It clearly means the blog will help in Google to gain more popularity for a site or a product but it should be with unique content although half of the things are just copy and paste used by most of the bloggers in the blogs in order to get more clicks for their Ads by Google application by Google.
I have read the tips for bloggers by Google and I must say, really useful. Points given by Google like -
- A frequently updated site encourages people to return - as long as your content remains relevant and engaging. So write well and often.
- Follow the webmaster guidelines. Well it's always necessary in Google.
- Categorize your posts - Use of Labels in blogspot and tags in wordpress.
- Make sure users (and crawlers) can easily find your blog.
- If necessary, limit comment spam.
- Google recommends that all webmasters create websites with original content that adds value for users. This is particularly important for sites that participate in affiliate programs. If you do participate in an affiliate program, there are a number of steps you can take to help your site stand out and differentiate it from the crowd.
- Create descriptive titles for each of your posts.
- Connect with your online community.
- Strong Recommendation of publishing a feed of your content.
- Use Webmaster Tools - Add your blog to GWT and verify it. Also Submit a Sitemap.
Friday, November 21, 2008
I have been discussing about spicing up the Gmail account by themes in WebCosmo Forums from yesterday as members keep saying about getting new themes in their Gmail account. I was curious to see the update in my Gmail account, and today I got this colorful customization.
These themes allows you to customize the look and feel of your Gmail account. To choose a theme, you just need to click on theme thumbnail on the Themes tab of your Settings page. You can also asked to fill your location (city) after choosing a theme as some themes changes during the day (changes with your local sunrise, sunset, and/or weather).
So, it's no more to tired out of the blue on white simple Gmail way. You can customize your Gmail anytime by choosing any theme; just need to go to Settings > Themes.
But I also like the default one.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
According to the giant search giant Google Inc., this new SMS Search service is available across all operators on both GSM and CDMA mobile phones across India; even to those who have mobile phones but do not have Internet connections.
A mobile users can SMS query to 9-77-33-00000 and get automated answers on many topics like cricket scores, Indian Railways, stock quotes, local business search, movie showtimes, currency conversion, flight status, weather, horoscope, taxi service and ATM. Incoming messages from Google are not charged.
Requirements for the service: SMS enabled mobile device; All GSM/CDMA mobile operator networks are supported (Aircel, Airtel, BPL, BSNL, Idea, Reliance, Spice, Tata, Vodafone).
So, Save 9-77-33-00000 in your mobile's phonebook for quick and easy access to this fantastic Google SMS Search.
For more information, go to www.google.co.in/sms
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
What is Google Site Search?
Google Site Search is an edition of Google Custom Search specifically designed for businesses looking for a hosted, extranet site search solution. This product lets businesses harness and customize the power of Google search for their own websites. The cost starts from $100 and more depending on how many web pages you need to search.
Now, Google has added a new feature "On-demand indexing" that lets their customers of its Google Site Search service more rapidly include new web pages in search results.
To check, how it works? click here
Friday, November 14, 2008
Jawaharlal Nehru was born on November 14, 1889 in the city of Allahabad city in Uttar Pradesh. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru ji was very fond of children and that's how known as Chaha Nehru in India. This day is celebrated throughout India in recognition of his lifelong passion and work for children. Children’s Day is a day for children to engage in fun and frolic. School children have many cultural activities and cultural programmes in the schools.
Let us pledge today to make the dream of Pandit Nehru a reality by spreading the message of education and social equality throughout the India and worldwide.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Gmail is already a well known and popular email for its simple look and amazing features like integrated chat within the mail box. Now, it's going more nicer and nicer day by day. And that's how Google got more popularity, by updating and offering more and more new free features to the web users.
To use the voice and video chat, Gmail users will have to install a plugin from the URL - http://mail.google.com/videochat.
For more information, you can also visit http://gmail.com/videochat. And yeah! Google is also offering high quality Logitech webcams at up to 30% off with free shipping until November 30th, 2008; can be found here - http://www.google.com/mail/help/videochat/learnmore.html.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
This is not only the one word keyword or phrases that people search on search engines like Google, Yahoo Search and Live. People also often type complete questions into search engines. This tool can be really effective in getting good idea to check what exactly people are looking for on a particular word? By just entering a single or a short keyword in the tool, we can find the questions people are asking in the market with the number of times that the question has been asked.
Below is an example -
We can also download the keyword questions results in the format of .csv in our computer with the Download link.
This tool definitely help website owners and search engine optimisers (SEOs) to get more traffic for their website and blogs by using these questions as the targeted keyphrases. This can't be big traffic but yeah! a targeted traffic.
You can check this (Bookmark it) tool from the URL - http://labs.wordtracker.com/keyword-questions
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- Push email - Without doing refresh or 'check mail', it shows new messages in your inbox when they arrive.
- Email Notifications on the status bar.
- Address autocomplete - you can enter long email addresses using just a few keystrokes.
- Open message attachments including photos, Microsoft Word™ documents, MP3s and PDF files.
For more information about Google Android, check www.android.com
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is the most searchable actress in India have been told by an annual Google Zeitgeist report for India in the most popular queries of 2007. The Google Zeitgeist, which means spirit of the times, is calculated by looking at the aggregation of the most popular and fast-rising search queries submitted to Google by Indian users.
She has also got the 27th position in TOP 99 Women 2008 Edition managed by AskMen.com Online determined by the value of her Desirability Score; the higher the value, the higher her place on the list.
In her career spanning 11 years, Aishwarya has acted in over 40 movies in Hindi, Tamil, Bengali and English. Her English projects included Bride & Prejudice (2003), Mistress of Spices (2005), and The Last Legion (2007). After her wedding in April last year, Aishwarya has cut down on her projects and has become choosy on movies too.
And simply at 35, Aishwarya Rai is still on top.
Happy Birthday Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Friday, October 31, 2008
In the past, Google only showed an HTML version of PDF's created with text enabled formatting. But from now, if a document is scanned as an image, Google can also read it and create an HTML version for it (click “View As HTML” in the search results).
Click on these following search queries to see how it works (given by Google itself in their official blog) -
[repairing aluminum wiring]
[spin lock performance]
[Mumps and Severe Neutropenia]
[Steady success in a volatile world]
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I'm happy. But, at this point, probably more relieved than happy, because I was undisputed World champion even before this match," Anand said after asserting his supremacy in Bonn, a year after he became World champion in Mexico.
"Obviously, it's really nice to just have the title. Vlady was really pushing me in the last few games. With White I was really hoping to have the World Championship title in the evening but I wasn't sure, you never know," he added.
Kramnik said black's seemingly anti-positional move was his only chance. "So I decided to mess things up", but Anand calculated very well and forced such position in the end game that white simply could not lose.
"Miracles happen, but very rare, unfortunately," Kramnik said.
Monday, October 27, 2008
This is that time of the year when there is positive energy all around as we celebrate the triumph of good over evil.
So, in the same positive spirit, I share my best wishes with you and your family members. I sincerely hope that the days ahead bring happiness to you, joy to your families and success to us achieving bigger and better goals.
To put things simply…
I WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY DIWALI…2008 !!!
आप सभी को दीपावली की हार्दिक सुभकामनाये. :-)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Facts about Google Android T-Mobile G1
Official Sites: http://code.google.com; http://t-mobileg1.com/
Specs: 5.6 oz; 6.7-hour talk time; 256MB; 3.2" display; 480x320; SQLite; At-launch
Saturday, October 18, 2008
From the Yahoo! Search blog :
We'll be rolling out some changes to our crawling, indexing and ranking algorithms over the next few days and expect the update will be completed soon. As you know, throughout this process you may see some ranking changes and page shuffling in the index.I am seeing some changes but not much for my sites' SERPs in Yahoo! Search.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Yahoo! Web Analytics is an enterprise site analytics tool that provides real-time insight into visitor behavior on your website. With powerful and flexible tools and dashboards, Yahoo! Web Analytics helps online marketers and website designers enhance the visitor experience, increase sales and reduce marketing costs. (<---info from the Yahoo! Web Analytics homepage)
Although most of the features are still "Coming Soon". Currently it's only available to Yahoo! Small Business customers who host e-commerce sites on Yahoo! and to other marketing advertising partners.
One important best thing in this tool is the real-time analytics tracking rather than a 24-hour delay like in Google Analytics Tool. So, SEOs and Webmasters! be ready for one more analytical tool.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Well, it's a bit surprising for me - it's too early to get an update on Google PageRank. My this blog hasn't got any PR update...I have to wait for next update now.. Never mind!
One of my SEO site has always got increased PageRank.
Friday, September 26, 2008
This is a port to Google App Engine of an existing tool Google developers use all the time and internally called as Dory (after the fish who asked questions all the time in Finding Nemo). And, now it's open to the whole world.
So, just try out this fun tool to suggest your own questions and votes on other's questions too.
Matt Cutts says on it -
Well, Google is not the only company that does this, of course. Yahoo for example has their excellent Yahoo User Interface Library, Yahoo Pipes, or YSlow. Its just nice when companies release code or tools that benefit lots of people on the web.Let us do tech talks with Google Moderators.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Project 10100On Google's 10th birthday, Google want to help the people and change this world through the people ideas. So, do you have any idea which can change the world or atleast can help people makes their life more easy?
Then, you can send it to Google through Project 10 to the 100th and then Google will invest $10 million on your project if selected. And Remember, the deadline is October 20th, 2008.
Google has given many categories where you can submit your idea which can help people more wisely to contribute their ideas within the categories. So, if you believe your idea would help somebody or your idea can change this world, just put it in http://www.project10tothe100.com/submit_your_idea.html
Great Ideas always help!
Friday, September 12, 2008
And, we can see this message on the Google.com homepage itself suggesting to make your iGoogle more colorful with the Artistic themes. If we click on the link, we can get a web page to choose our favorite theme from the theme collection including Tommy Hilifiger, Betsey Johnson, Havaianas, Sara Bareilles, Celion Dion, Paul Frank, Gucci, and many more.
I have selected Celion Dion theme, she is my favorite singer.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
We can easily see the excitement about this LHC experiment on any face who have interest in science and scientific things specially in physics as this would be the future of physics.
Scientists at the CERN research centre in Switzerland are aiming to use this wonder machine to gain a better understanding of the birth and structure of the universe, and to fill gaps in our knowledge of physics.
Well, it's a big topic to discuss...I am not that much intelligent...however a well known Prof Stephen Hawking said that "Whatever the LHC finds or fails to find, the results will tell us a lot about the structure of the universe."
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
9/01/2008, Google announced the release of an open-source web browser known as Google Chrome, a beta version which will be released on Tuesday in more than 100 countries.
So, what you think, would it be a danger for Mozilla (Firefox 3) and Microsoft (IE 8 beta 2) already holding the much popularity within users worldwide and Mozilla Firefox 3 is my favorite. Can't say, if it would be a danger to the popular existing web browsers but yeah! it surely be a great competition as it's a Google product.
Some of the important points about Google Chrome -
- Special tabs - Instead of traditional tabs (below the address bar) like those seen in Firefox or IE, Google Chrome has the tab buttons on the upper side of the window.
- Speed dial - As a default homepage, the browser offers a “speed dial” feature, similar to the one in Opera browser. This gives users a view of their most visited web pages in 9 screenshot thumbnails.
- Privacy mode - As like IE8 Beta 2, Chrome also comes with privacy mode or porn mode feature. This mode lets users create an "incognito" window where "nothing that occurs in that window is ever logged onto your computer."
- Safe browsing experience - Chrome will regularly keep on downloading a list of harmful sites to fight harmful malwares and phishing attacks. And, whatever will run in a tab will be filtered so that it doesn't affect the computer machine.
Matt Cutts has also posted a post about Google Chrome in his blog.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
From Google Suggest FAQ - "As you type into the search box, Google Suggest guesses what you're typing and offers suggestions in real time. This is similar to Google's "Did you mean?" feature that offers alternative spellings for your query after you search, except that it works in real time. For example, if you type "bass," Google Suggest might offer a list of refinements that include "bass fishing" or "bass guitar." Similarly, if you type in only part of a word, like "prog," Google Suggest might offer you refinements like "programming," "programming languages," "progesterone," or "progressive." You can choose one by scrolling up or down the list with the arrow keys or mouse."
Google offer this Suggestion tool through several Google services and can be used by downloading the new version of Google Toolbar.
From this today morning I have found that Google Suggestion on our search keywords are available there from the Google homepage itself which was not there by default. Actually Google just announced they will start to roll out Google Suggest as a default feature for the Google.com homepage over the next week. This feature will reduce your time and brainstorming to get the best results with the best keywords and phrases. It also reduces your spelling errors and saves keystrokes.
Friday, August 22, 2008
The new Apple 3G iPhone will be cost Rs 31,000 ($709) for the 8GB model and Rs 36,000 ($825) for the 16GB memory space model which is too expensive for the Indian market, I think. But, there was big crowd lined up outside a Gurgaon mall and shops in New Delhi to get this latest Apple iphone. A college student won the race and was the first one to pick up the phone at Gurgaon's Sahara Mall.
Right now, I am user of Sony Ericsson mobile phones for the past 3 yrs. I always like stylish cell phone & gadgets with all modern technologies but should be simple and easy to handle and user-friendly. As per the feature and style of Apple iphone, it's the best. But if we see the price here in India, it's just too much. There are many other good phone available with touch screen facility like htc diamond which I can prefer.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Actually, this Digg-like social bookmarking site; Yahoo! Buzz was introduced in Feb, 08 and only open to few users. But now, Yahoo has opened it to all their users to submit their articles and buzz up any content on the web.
To add Yahoo! Buzz buttons to your own articles, web pages and blog posts, go to http://buzz.yahoo.com/buttons
Learn more about Y! Buzz at http://ycorpblog.com/2008/08/18/see-it-love-it-buzz-it/
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Like that, there are many interesting and cool search tricks and commands in Google which you may not know. Following are some of them -
- If you want to find definition for any word -> define:keyword
- Want to know weather reports of any location -> Delhi weather
- Currency Converter -> 1 EUR in Dollar
- Get the time of any location -> time USA
- Search different file formats like doc -> filetype:doc
- Search educational resources -> site:.edu
- Commentary of live sports/events -> cricket | Olympics
- You can also do Calculations -> 19 * 19
- Tracking stocks -> stocks:MSFT
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
But if you do mistakes, your website can also be suffer through Search engine penalties. So be wise and always check these following points before start link building for your site -
- Don't link with irrelevant sites. The best mantra to get good rankings in big search engine is relevancy. So, try to link with only relevant sites.
- Don’t spend all your time getting just one way links from sites having NIL Page Rank. One or two links from relevant sites having PR5 can be worth more than hundred links from sites with no PR.
- Be careful about buying links or you can get banned. Especially be careful about Site Wide links. If your site / blog has got few backlinks on first day and the next day you have hundreds; Google can check this and your site can be penalized.
- Don’t spend all your time building one way links that are url-links (eg. http://seovigyan.com instead of Free SEO tips). So, you want to have anchor-text links for good rankings on your targeted keywords in search engines.
- Just say No No to “No-Follow” links. Always try to get "do-follow" links, so they can be counted as the votes for your sites.
- Do not let your links point to just your site homepage. Also, lead them to interior pages of your site. Your all pages has equal importance. Isn't?
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
There are many posts about today's date which is 08-08-08 means triple eight. 08/08/08 also a special date for wedding planners as they can earn more from the marriages on this date. I also heard that number 8 is considered very favorable in Chinese culture. This applies to any special event in Chinese culture. In fact, the summer Olympics in Beijing will begin on 8/8/08, at 8:08 p.m
Now, from the search engine's point of view; what's new here for this day : -
- On Google search engine - It's the "Beijing 2008 Olympic Games" doogle designed by Google.
- On Yahoo! - An Olympic Games animation on the Yahoo! logo.
- On Ask.com - Olympic games theme setup.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
- Search Engine Friendly Website Design - First of all, the design of the website needs to be appropriate for SEO, the website should be a search engine friendly website. With the use of HTML, CSS, easy navigation and original pictures for your website design, you can make it search engine friendly. Frames website are not made for web promotion. So, try to stay away from them in your page construction.
- No duplicate content - Your website should not have any duplicate content which is placed on any other website. It could be included in spam from search engines. So your content on website should be unique and genuine to your visitors and with right density of targeted keywords and key phrases. Please don't use your keyword again and again in every line just to increase the key word density; it could get you in a spam or the website can be penalized or banned by search engines. Another important point is to avoid hidden content.
- Meta tags placement - Meta tags are HTML codes embedded into web pages containing keywords, description, key phrases, author information, copyright information, title and helps in fast indexing of web page in search engines There should be relevant Meta tags at every page of your website. Title should not be so long and should not have more than three targeted keywords embedded in it. Description tags should be descriptive, not more than 30-35 words which are enough to describe your page. Keyword tags can have your all targeted keywords on which you want rankings for your website.
- Sitemap - Sitemap plays an important part in website which should have all important links of your website. It helps your visitors to find any particular link from one page called Sitemap. Also use Google Sitemap for fast indexing of your website, a service provided by Google, itself.
- Search engines submissions - This process of submitting of your website in search engines should be a factor of covering all engines which are globally relevant and the ones that address your regional requirements as well.
- Directory submissions - Submission of website in free and paid directories with the relevant category. With quick visibility of your website at search engines, submissions in directories give your website extra back links and positioning at search engines. Just be sure about your right category to submit and also choose the right directory.
- Press Releases - Press releases on the web are like news wires for the conventional media. When you launch a new site, or a new service a properly drafted press release can get fast visibility. Make sure that your press release is in line with your SEO strategy and covers your targeted keywords.
- Link development - Two main aspects are included in this term - link exchange and one-way links. Link Exchange means exchanging your website link with another relevant website and one-way links are those links which are placed on any other website without exchanging links at a relevant place. Only a relevant link placement with relevant anchor will give you high rankings on search engines within short period.
- Article Writing and Submissions - Writing articles on the industry your website belongs to or writing about the products and services your website offers is a good move to share information with the visitors an its also a good way to generate extra but useful content for the website, it is now highly popular in terms of website promotions. Just write articles about your website products with nice information and statements and published them in article submission websites and can also request to other website owners to publish them in their websites because everybody welcomes good content but it should be with your resource and relevant links, otherwise it has no use.
- Social Bookmarking - It includes bookmarking of your site web pages in social bookmarking sites to get more and instant traffic.
We can also say this is an Add-on to Google Trends. We just have to type the keyword in a search term to see search volume patterns over time, as well as the top related and rising searches. We can also compare search volume trends across multiple search terms, categories, geographic regions, or specific time ranges.
To download the results / analysis for our searches, we just need sign into our Google account.
Lets take an example to check it more with using any filtration in the tool. If you make for a search for term SEO, then the tool will show you graphs including Interest over time, Regional interest for SEO, Search volume Index, Search terms related to SEO includes top searches and rising searches. Rising searches are searches that have experienced significant growth in a given time period, with respect to the preceding time period.
We can compare the search terms by keywords, locations and time ranges and filter by country, time period and category also.
Click here for more information about Google Insights for Search.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
In addition to this test from Yahoo!, users can see the option to add the LinkedIn Enhanced Result directly from the search results page with the option to share the link with other friends too. Nice one! I say.
Get more information here
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Now, this is one of the biggest recent change have given by Ben Gomes, a google guy in Official Google Blog on 1st Aug, 2008 that -
"One of the bigger recent changes has been to extract titles for pages that don't specify an HTML title -- yet a title on the page is clearly right there, staring at you. To "see" that title that the author of the page intended, we analyze the HTML of the page to determine the title that the author probably meant. This makes it far more likely that you will not ignore a page for want of a good title. "
Visitors generally ignore the web pages having no Title from the search results. And that's really true. So, Google now will generate Titles for the web pages having no Title. Google showed you parts of the page where your actual search keywords showed up (information retrieval experts call this "keywords-in-context") whereas at the time, other search engines showed you the first two lines of the web page.
And he concluded the post with these following lines -
"We're actually constantly changing Google's result page and have been doing so for a long time. And no, we won't mess with a good thing. You won't let us."
Click here for more useful & interesting information for Google Search results changes.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Cuil (pronounced as COOL) is the Search engine launched by some Ex-Googlers and I found it really cool. Search results are really relevant and a smart way of presenting the results for any search. It has the biggest index on the internet. It (www.Cuil.com) has indexed 120 billion web pages, three times more than any other search engine (mean what? Google!).
And after this announcement, Google asserted on its blog Friday that "the web is big" and Google system hits a milestone which is 1 trillion (as in 1,000,000,000,000) unique URLs on the web at once!
Now, lets take an example. I made a search for the keyword "SEO" for this -
Cuil has 64,639,623 results for SEO and Google have 237,000,000 for SEO
Now, you can yourself see the difference.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Google PR Toolbar Update is here again after a visible PR update on 29th April, 2008. So, have you got the new PageRank for your websites / blog / web directories?
After reading the Matt Cutts blogs on 24th July, 2008 where he announced about this PR update -
“Hey folks, I wanted to let you know that new toolbar PageRank values should become visible over the next few days. I’m expecting that also in the next few days that we’ll be expiring some older penalties on websites.“
We can a many threads and posts about this July PR update on many famous SEO / webmaster forums and on other webmaster / SEO blogs, however most of them are not much interested in PR now, better rankings are much more important. But today, I have analyzed many bloggers, webmasters and SEOs saying that - PR Update has been done now! with updated amount of backlinks for their sites and blogs.
But yet! I think, we can't conclude it that it has been done. I think, we should have to check for some more days. And, about my promoted sites and my blogs, there are still no changes in PageRank :)
Best of luck to all PR lovers.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Main points about the Knol -
- People can contribute their knowledge online and make it accessible to everyone with this site.
- Authorship - Every knol will have an author (or group of authors) who put their name behind their content.
- Moderated Collaboration - With this feature, any reader can make suggested edits to a knol article which the author may then choose to accept, reject, or modify before these contributions become visible to the public.
- Strong Community tools - which allow for many modes of interaction between readers and authors. People can submit comments, rate, or write a review of a knol.
- Revenue Sharing - If an author chooses to include ads, Google will provide the author with a revenue share from the proceeds of those ad placements.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Well, have already made a report for this offensive image. But we really do not want these kinds of results from Google Search Engine.
Friday, July 18, 2008
1) Best locally relevant results served globally. - they often this the "no query left behind" principle
2) Keep it simple - this simple understandable system has allowed them innovate quickly, and it shows.
3) No manual intervention - answer to Does Google manually edit its results?.
Well, the above points are the philosophies of Google rankings. But now, it's all about the technologies behind the rankings for any website in Google results .
URL to read about behind Google rankings - http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/technologies-behind-google-ranking.html
Friday, July 11, 2008
"Yahoo! Search is taking another step in extending the Yahoo! Open Strategy with the launch of Yahoo! Search BOSS, a web services platform that allows developers and companies to create and launch web-scale search products by utilizing the same infrastructure and technology that powers Yahoo! Search."
BOSS means Build your Own Search Service
Here is the BOSS logo -
Get more information at http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000599.html and http://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
If you put the same priority levels for your URL included in the website XML sitemap; then Google Webmaster Tool can possibly give you a red marked WARNINGS which indicates the following lines -
All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.
All the URLs in your Sitemap are set to the same priority (not the default priority). Priority indicates the importance of a particular URL relative to other URLs on your site, and doesn't impact your site's performance in search results. If all URLs have the same priority, Google can't tell which are more important.
Now, this is the time when we also need to check the priority of the website URLs. Either we have to manage low and high priorities to the web pages included in the XML sitemap or have to set a default priority.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Have you seen the change on Google HomePage. This is a little change but really very effective. Google have added a link - "Privacy" tell you about Google Privacy Policies. Previously it was "©2008 Google" which is now "© Privacy".
On this, Google Executive stated on the Official Google Blog that - "Larry and Sergey told me we could only add this to the homepage if we took a word away - keeping the "weight" of the homepage unchanged at 28. Given that the new Privacy link fit best with legal disclaimers on the page, I looked to the copyright line. There, we dropped the word "Google" (realizing it was implied, obviously) and added the new privacy link alongside it."
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
SEO can help you here. Now, if you are just new with SEO (Search engine optimisation), then just try these simple techniques for your site/blog :-
- Choose your Keywords - Think what can a user should search to find your website and try to use it in your website and web pages.
- Title - this is very important thing after keyword selection, always use Title tag for your web pages. Make a title which can present your web page clearly to your visitors and Search engines. Try to use your targeted keywords according to the web pages in Title Tag.
- META Description tag - This can also be a great help if you use META description tag in your web pages under tag.
- Directories Submission - Submit your website in the free web directories available on net.
- Link Popularity - Try to get link from other sites relevant with your business to get more backlinks. You can also exchange links. Social bookmarking, article submissions, press releases and blogs are ways to get more link popularity for your site.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Are you still using the Overture keyword suggestion tool? - yes! the tool for getting relevant keywords / phrases with their search counts. We have seen many flip-flops, ups and downs at this tool, sometimes it's working and mostly not.
Now, if you want to get keyword suggestion from this famous tool, then you would not get the actual thing on the site. You will be amazed to see Yahoo! Search engine marketing page instead of Overture Inventory. Yes! it's no more there on the site. It's been permanently redirected to http://sem.smallbusiness.yahoo.com/searchenginemarketing/
Saturday, June 21, 2008
This is a wonderful morning, I got a good news...that I won the second prize at WebCosmo Forums and I am happy. This was the great contest there having two hosting prizes -
Top Poster Prize:
Baby Plan from hostGator.com
Disk Space 600GB, Bandwidth 6000GB, CPanel, 1 Domain, Unlimited FTP,
Site builder, Unlimited email accounts, Unlimited MySql, PHP, 99.9% Uptime guarantee and more.
Second Top Poster Prize:
Hatchling Plan from hostGator.com
Disk Space 350GB, Bandwidth 3000GB, CPanel, 1 Domain, Unlimited FTP,
Site builder, Unlimited email accounts, Unlimited MySql, PHP, 99.9% Uptime guarantee and more.
The contest have started on May 20, 2008 12AM GMT and ends on June 19, 2008 12PM GMT and I have been the Second Top Poster; got the 2nd prize for making 174 threads with 669 posts done.
Making these kinds of contests is one of the great tool / method to get more new visitors and traffic to a site, specially a discussion forum. I was heard about this forum through the V7N forum when Manik, the owner of the WebCosmo forum have invited me to join his wonderful site. I am impressed about his work done on the site and have joined the community. Gradually, we become good friends and now also thinking of some good worthful steps for making some good money online.