So, here are some of off-site ways to generate traffic for a website -
- Submission in top and high traffic directories like Dmoz and Yahoo Directory.
- Article Writing and Submissions of articles in article submissions websites like ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com, isnare.com etc.
- Use links in Forums Signature. Forums will help in many things like fast indexing, backlinks, and more traffic to your sites. Click here to know more about How forums will help in SEO.
- Blogs writing and Comments on other related blogs. - Always try to write something very interesting and useful to your visitors about recent topics in your business.
- Share your links with others relevant websites through Link exchanging methods.
- Bookmark your link in Social bookmarking websites.
- Email Signature - Whenever you send an email to your friend, business partners and Clients, always add your website urls as a signature - will give some extra traffic.
- Questions Answers websites like Yahoo! Answers, qna.rediff.com etc. - Make some good answer for the questions relevant to your business / website with your website links.
- Sponsor Listings in high traffic relevant websites and PPC advertising (Google Adwords).
- Write and Submit Press Releases.
- RSS Feeds & Syndication.
So, make a useful website and go with the above ways to get more and more traffic for your site.
Have a great traffic ;)